Easy2D Game Library
Easy2D is an object oriented game library that makes possible writing 2D tile-based games with speed and ease. It encapsulates lots of common tasks found in these games, such as: tile maps, animated sprites, bitmap fonts, etc., and is written in C++ using SDL for input and rendering, and Audiere for audio.
For a full description of the library and its features, please refer to the documentation.
December 18th, 2009 - Easy2D 0.0.9 Complete Package released
Today it's been released the Easy2D Complete Package (for Windows): it consists in a bundle containing Easy2D, all related libraries, and a Code::Blocks project wizard. It's just install and get to what really matters: programming! So don't waste any time, go get it now!
December 8th, 2009 - Version 0.0.9 alpha released
This is a pre-beta release: soon version 0.1 beta will come to life.
Changes on this version:
- License switched to zlib License (previous versions use LGPL)
- New tutorial "Displaying Text" added to the documentation
- Added state stack to e2d::core::Keyboard
- Added method Copy to e2d::core::Rect
- Added AnimatedTileset class (untested, undocumented)
- Audio revamped to use audiere instead of SDL_mixer, including the group volume control feature
- GameApplication class is now a Singleton, and has gained the method SendQuitSignal
- Added ImageData class, to separate image loading from blitting
- Removed method SetLayerData from MapLayer (is now private), added new constructor that accomplishes the same thing
- Added method SetTileIndex to MapLayer
- Added Color constants
- Fixed bug where the attribute "trans" on Font's xml file was not optional
- Fixed bug where Label dimensions were not being recalculated after a new Font was set on the Label